Sunday 26 February 2017

Spot the DIFF.. erence

Carrying on with the overhauling, here's a bit more.

These are the disc that came on the donor, they were recently fitted, so i thought for now i'd give them a clean. Maybe at the end of the build i'll replace them with some cross drilled ones. 

Yep, there are two more.

Here's the Diff before




And here it is after and modified





Here are some pics on how i set up the diff to cut off the wings and mark the fixing holes.

I set up a string line along the length of the chassis to establish the centre line.


I then used a long rule across the diff flange and adjusted the diff so that the ruler was parallel to the rear chassis rail


My measurement came out at 45mm each side + - 2mm. 
I then used clamps and bungy cord to hold the diff in position. 


As you can see my plumb line isn't exactly in the middle of the flange, but i believe it'll be within tolerance. The flange should be at 90 degrees to the chassis bottom.


Once happy with my positioning, I used an 11mm drill bit to mark the top of the diff to mark for my mounting holes.




No comments:

Post a Comment